Startup pitch competition: Get in the Ring MIAMI with inspiralia
- Inspiralia’s core mission is to help innovators accelerate in their commercialization with a real impact to society
- Inspiralia Group consults American startups in obtaining regional and national grants to fund innovation
- Inspiralia Group hosts Get in the Ring Miami to change the future of the startup ecosystem
Miami, USA –February 5th 2020
Inspiralia (www.inspiralia.com), a global New Product Development company yesterday organized its pitch competition, Get in the Ring in the heart of Downtown Miami in Microtheater. Get in the Ring’s unique format connects hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders. Participating startups can share their solutions among companies that form a community of more than 150 events worldwide every year. This is the first Get in the Ring in the USA, and Inspiralia wants to help participant companies obtain public and private funding from both, Venture Capital firms and the federal government agencies.
The event gave participants, selected from 12 countries, the opportunity to be part of this community connecting entrepreneurs, investors and large corporations. The competition comprises 3 key phases:
- Pitch Training: the 20 most disruptive companies were invited to the event from an applicant pool from 12 countries with the farthest traveling coming from Sweden, who then spent a day in pitch training to fine tune telling their stories
- Selection Panels: Each startup delivered an 8-minute pitch in front of three experts who asked questions and provided valuable feedback; from which the 6 Finalists were selected for the Main Event.
- The “Main Event” Champion Battles: The 6 Finalists engaged in three 1-on-1 pitch battles in front of a Champion Jury Panel who chose the 3 Champions who will now fight for funding in the Global Meetup this coming June in Montreal, Canada.
The 3 Get in the Ring Miami Champions were:
Khatija Ali from BioSapien
Alejandro Burgana from OBE Power
Bryan Young from Home Lending Pal
Alejandro Burgana from OBE Power: “Get in The Ring’s program, judges, and sponsors are exceptional. We met quality investors to accelerate our high-impact business. We are honored for having been chosen as a winner in Miami as we accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future with EV Charging as a Service.”
Bryan Young from Home Lending Pal: “The 1 vs 1 battles really come down to how concisely you can articulate the most important and complex parts of your business in a short period of time. This approach is great for learning how to quickly draw interest in any setting”.
We would like to thank our Champion Jury Panel:
Rebecca Danta – Managing Director at Miami Angels
Simon Murray – Vice President, Guest Experiences and Innovation – Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
Camilo Padrón – President – ASELA Miami
Video from the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2MaW4GniI
Download press release in .word format here
Download photos here
Founded in 2005, Inspiralia is a New Product Development and Innovation company with the mission of helping customers develop and market their products thanks to the 360º service they provide. Inspiralia’s consulting services help hundreds of customers in the obtention of non-dilutive funding from the US Federal Agencies in many different sectors like advanced materials, robotics, biomedical and biological technologies, AI and more. The group has its American headquarters in Miami, with branches in Cambridge (UK), Vienna (Austria), and Madrid (Spain).
For additional information please contact Javier Magariños- email@example.com