Computational Engineering consists in the development, implementation and application of mathematical models and CAD/CAE software tools for the virtual design and prototyping of products and processes. Inspiralia employs state of the art software tools, based on on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and the Finite Element Method (FEM), for the simulation of systems involving mechanical, vibroacoustics, thermal, fluid flows, electromagnetic and multiphysics phenomena.
Computational Engineering can be applied in the whole range of engineering fields: mechanical, thermal, energy, manufacturing, environmental, transport, electronics, etc.
Some of the solutions on which the Computational Engineering Team of Inspiralia has been working are:
- Design of solar collectors and solar tubes.
- Acoustic, mechanical and thermal design of building elements: doors, window frames, bricks, insulating materials, HVAC systems.
- Design of efficient induction heating systems.
- Simulation of wind turbines.
- Simulation of engineered materials for medical applications.
- Optimisation of chemical and biochemical reactors.
- Optical and deposition properties of nanocoatings.
- Design of cooling systems, compact heat exchangers and heat pipes.
- Design of air and water filters.
- Simulation of novel materials.
- Simulation of multicomponent dynamic systems.